"You are not Prepared!" - Illidan Stormrage
Or at least that's the way it's been feeling, especially this last week with pulls getting closer and closer to 9pm. As a raider it is your responsibility to show-up with the items you need. Having to collect and distribute items at the beginning of raid time is unfair to your fellow raiders and takes away from boss killing time (and we all love boss killing time).
So what should you have in your bag?
1. Flasks - We have been very lucky to have Sid and others making us flasks, and Grissom making us cauldrons, but this should not be expected. Have a few in your bag and if you end up not needing them, you can save them for next time.
2. Food - Don't cook? Buy some from the auction house? Or buy mats and have someone else cook for you. Not sure what is your best food? http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/class-guides take a look here.
3. Pots - Pots have unfortunately been quite expensive this expansion, but Potion of Prolonged Power is quite cheap and a good alternative (if not already your best pot).
4. Augment Rune - Want bonus points? Run an LFR and grab some of these for those pulls when we're soooo close and just need the bit of extra dps.
5. Tome of Tranquil Mind - Change your spec on the go! What could be better!!
But Bella... I'm broke! and everything is so expensive!! Look up the mats you need and get them from the Blood of Sargeras Trader (there's also a shoulder enchant from the wardens to collect extra bloods) and ask a guildie to craft for you. Still in a bind? Ask an officer! We're always here to help out!!